To succeed in life, you need three things: a wishbone, a backbone and a funnybone.

Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Downtown Date Nights

Ever since I discovered the fact that I ADORE downtown NYC, and also because it is where my husband can be found 90% of the time, we have been spending a lot of our time downtown as of late. 

Wednesday night Dan had to work late so I met him for his dinner break. We got Shake Shack to go and went to sit by the water in Battery Park and eat. It was a beautiful night and it was great to fit in a little date before Dan was back to work. 



By Friday night, Dan was EXHAUSTED so we had a chill night of dinner at a little Indian restaurant two seconds from our apartment and catching up on one of Dan's favorites shows, Breaking Bad. 

Saturday, Dan had to go in to work for a few hours so I spent the day shopping. Hey I figure if the Mr. works on Saturdays, the Mrs. shops on Saturdays. Fair right? That night I met Dan downtown for dinner and a movie. We saw the new Batman movie and we both really enjoyed it. 

I have to say that NYC was a bit hard for me to get used to, living wise. I wasn't the biggest fan, but I have really come to appreciate and enjoy living in the city that never sleeps. I could actually imagine myself living here on a more permanent basis...downtown of course. 

It's hard to believe that our time here is coming to a close so quickly. We have one more weekend in the city and I'm so excited because two of my favorite people, Kelly and Darryl, will be here tomorrow night to share it with us. Let the good times roll!

No comments:

Post a Comment