To succeed in life, you need three things: a wishbone, a backbone and a funnybone.

Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Hey Kel....

This past weekend my favorite engaged couple came to visit us. Darryl and Kelly got here late Wednesday night and left in the wee hours of Sunday morning. I loved every second of them being here. I adore these two and have for lots and lots of years. 

Thursday morning I had to work so they brought me a bagel and we enjoyed catching up while I worked. Once I got off we headed downtown. I showed them where Dan works and we had lunch at Shake Shack. Dan got to sneak out for a few minutes to visit with us. Then we headed to my favorite park in Battery Park City. Also known as my fave spot in NYC. From there we went to the World Trade Center memorial. It was pretty hectic to get in and involved some long lines in the heat, but it was definitely worth it. It was very humbling and an amazing memorial for those who lost their lives in that horrific attack. 


Thursday night we met Keith, Tara, and Dan for dinner at Grand Central Station. It was Restaurant Week so we had a delicious three course meal. It was fun to catch up with friends and we had a lot of laughs. 
Dan and I with K-Money!




Friday I had the day off work which was fab. We once again had bagels for breakfast then headed out to Rockefeller Center. We had fun roaming around and shopping in the NBC store. I broke down and HAD to buy Dan a Seinfeld T-Shirt since he was working and missing all the fun. He is now the proud owner of a SERENITY NOW shirt. I'm sure he will wear it with pride. After that we went to Times Square. We ate lunch at Junior's then stood in the line for discount theatre tickets. After an hour in line and much stress over which show to see, we got tickets for One Man, Two Guvnor's. We saw the play that night and it was SO FUNNY. I have not laughed that hard in a very long time. We had so much fun! We also had our first NYC celebrity siting at the play. Stephen Colbert sat in front of us with his family. It was pretty cool to see him. He was a master of sneaking in and out though so we didn't get to talk to him or anything. 





Saturday we spent the day at the Seaport Festival downtown. There were TONS of food trucks and street vendors selling all sorts of stuff. It was a blast. We also walked down Wall Street to the famous Bull statue and saw the NYC Stock Exchange. That night we hung out at home and went out for an Italian Dinner. 

Kelly and I with the Brooklyn Skyline
I already miss those two tremendously. I am so excited to start their wedding festivities with a shower in October, and the actual wedding in December! 

Now I am on to packing up our little apartment as it's time for us to bid farewell to the city for a bit. We are moving out on Friday. We will spend a couple of weeks in AZ before we head back out to Utah. 

Yay Moving!.....not. 

No comments:

Post a Comment