To succeed in life, you need three things: a wishbone, a backbone and a funnybone.

Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Two Weeks in the Creek

Due to Dan's busy internship schedule (we are talking 12-13 hour days, starting with a wake up call of 4:15 am), and my homesickness setting in, I decided to head South for a couple of weeks to see my family. I had not been home in about 6 months and that was too long for me. 

I had to work of course, but I had a great time just being home with the fam bam. I missed Dan a ton but he was busy work work working. 

I spent my time at home going to the beach and visiting friends and family. 

I was lucky enough to cross paths with my bestie Kelly for a morning. We went to brunch with Steph, Chad, and Darryl. I got to see Kelly and D's new apartment (which is fab), try on my bridesmaids dress (It zipped!), and eat chicken and waffles. It was a win all around. 

I spent that afternoon at the beach with my family at Kiawah. It felt just like old times, and I can't wait for our family vacation to Disney World in October!

One of the coolest parts of being in Goose Creek was the time I got to spend with not only my friends, but their kids as well. That's right, their KIDS. I have lots of friends with kids now and it's fab. 

On one weekend day I got to spend the day at the beach with Steph and her little one Wyatt, and Jackie. It was so much fun and Wyatt was a big fan of the water. 




As luck would have it, my friend Courtney was also in town at the same time and I got to spend another morning at the beach with Court and her twins Reese and Ella. They were a blast to run around with. Total beach bums those two. 



Courtney and I met our friend Tara at the beach and it was so great to catch up with her as well. 

Some other home highlights was celebrating Caroline's 17th birthday with her, and eating crab legs with my mom and dad. Doesn't get much better than that. 

No comments:

Post a Comment