To succeed in life, you need three things: a wishbone, a backbone and a funnybone.

Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Dragging the Fam around NYC

After my trip home, my family drove me back up to NYC and stayed for the weekend. Due to a mishap with my apartment key, we realized we had to drive all the way that day, and we didn't start until 2 in the afternoon. 

Needless to say it was a long trip. 

We got to my apartment around 4 and went to bed as Dan left for work. Below you can see Caroline's sentiments on the long journey as she sits on our doorstep. 


She really should learn how to express how she really feels. 

So turns out that you may not want me to plan any of your upcoming trips. I kind of struck out with this one. We had a blast, but the things I planned just didn't quite work out perfectly (starting with having to drive all the way that late in the day). 

On Friday, after a few hours nap, while I worked, the fam headed out to the Statue of Liberty/Ellis Island tour which came highly recommended by me. The problem...it poured. A boat tour is not so fun in the pouring rain, but they made the best of it and seemed to enjoy the tour. 



I must say the lady liberty green ponchos are fabulous. 

That night I made reservations for a family style Italian meal. My dad and I liked it, the rest thought it was just ok. Since I liked it I don't consider it a COMPLETE fail but I would have preferred everyone RAVE about it as we left. But it was fun to sit around a family style dinner table with our whole family. It had been a long time since we had been able to do that. 

The next day we were supposed to do the 9/11 memorial  but I didn't print our tickets out so that was a bust. We then decided to go on our double decker bus tour of NYC. It is supposed to be hop on hop off, but if you hop off that darn thing good luck hopping back on. We stayed on it until we got downtown. We saw the WTC and checked out Dan's building and the area he works. 

Um...I feel like Dan has been keeping a secret from me. I LOVE DOWNTOWN and I don't care who knows it. We walked in Battery Park along the water and I was loving it. 

Then we attempted to hop back on our bus, but the line was a million people long. So we subway'd it back to Times Square. We had some Junior's cheese cake and then we were off to the main event...WICKED! 

It was so FAB, I loved every second of it. During Defying Gravity Dan had to gently lower my arms as they were rising in the air while I lip synced along. I am pretty sure I missed my calling as a Broadway star...in my mind at least. 




The next day we started with brunch, then I headed off to Chinatown with my mom and Caroline to purchase more fakes, while my dad and Dan went off to check out Yankee Stadium. My mom tore up Chinatown. She was having so much fun, as were Caroline and I, but Barb was rocking it. She was a hard bargainer and had a blast. Before we met the guys at home for pizza we decided to go on a PediCab tour of Central Park. It was a beautiful day and we had a lot of fun. 

The Friends fountain!

Apparently, most of the celebs in NYC live in this building behind us

On our PediCab


Then it was time for my family to head home. I miss them already but I am so grateful for the long time I got to spend with them! Plus I'm glad they didn't hold my poor trip planning skills against me!

No comments:

Post a Comment