To succeed in life, you need three things: a wishbone, a backbone and a funnybone.

Thursday, July 5, 2012

Freedom is Cool

*Title inspired by the best t-shirt I saw this 4th*

Freedom really is cool. And can you think of a better way to celebrate than the festivities that occur on the 4th of July? BBQ's, water activities, fireworks...

I can't.

This year Dan and I took a last minute trip up to Philadephia for the 4th. Dan and Kels were up there visiting their in-laws, so we crashed the Itri 4th BBQ.

They picked us up in Staten Island on Friday night and drove us on in to Philly. Dan and I got to ride the Staten Island Ferry which was pretty cool as well. I tried to takes lots of pics but they just didn't work out.

On the 4th we hung out in the pool all day long and got some fabulous sunburns. This was the first time our skin has really seen sun this summer so even our sunscren was no match for all day fun in the sun.

We had a BBQ consiting of rotisserie chicken on the grill (DELISH), hamburgers, hot dogs, potato salad, veggies, dips, chips, you name it. It was very American.

We ended the night by heading out to Rita's for some water ice. This stuff was so yummy, as soon as I'm done here I plan on googling the closest one to us right now so we can go get some more!

Then Dan and I took the train back into NYC.

It was a great fourth and we really enjoyed the company and getting out of the crazy city for the day.

Thanks to the Itri's for letting us crash their family gathering!.....again.





No comments:

Post a Comment