To succeed in life, you need three things: a wishbone, a backbone and a funnybone.

Tuesday, March 8, 2011

The Creek, a wedding, family time, and Babies "R" Us

This weekend Dan and I drove home to South Carolina to go to my friends Ryan and Katie's wedding. I am going to preface this entire entry my admitting I am incredibly lame and forgot my camera here in MIA so there are absolutely no pics of our weekend. However, we had an amazing time. We got to spend quality time with friends and family. On Friday, Dan and I took advantage of having the day off work and went to a movie. We saw The Adjustment Bureau and thought it was pretty good! Then I crashed my bestie Kelly's hair appointment with my mom and got mine done as well. It was so fun to catch up with kel and get beautified at the same time. On friday night we hung out with my extended family and had a blast as usual. Then Saturday was Ryan and Katie's wedding. It was a beautiful ceremony and reception and I was so happy to be able to be there on their special day! Congrats Ryan and Katie! Then Dan and I made the lovely 9.5 hour trip back down to MIA. It was a great weekend and we were so glad to see our family and friends.

On Monday I had the crazy experience of going with my bestie Stephanie to register for her baby shower! Holy craziness! It seems like just yesterday that Steph and I, being bored in Goose Creek with new drivers licenses and nowhere to go, would just go to walmart for the heck of it and take pictures with random things. Yesterday we found ourselves sitting in the middle of the aisle of target staring at a bazillion different brands of bottles. Whether being crazy 16 year olds at walmart, or confused 24 year olds at Target, one things remains the same....people still look at us like we are crazy. We managed to survive registering at Target and Babies "R" Us, and may have even managed to register for most of what she needs. However, those of you who will be purchasing off of that registry, WARNING...it may seem a bit random at times. I wish i would have had my camera with me on this experience, but of course I failed again. But it was such a fun experience to help steph prepare for her first child, Wyatt Layne Waltrip. I can honestly say I already love that little boy, and am truly concerned that he get the best bottles that will reduce colic (and even ear infections, although I don't understand that one). I love his momma as well and am so happy that we get to live so close to each other, even if its temporary.
Slightly old school pic of Steph and I from the summer of '06...Love ya Steph!

No comments:

Post a Comment