To succeed in life, you need three things: a wishbone, a backbone and a funnybone.

Sunday, February 27, 2011

Cupcakes and Paradise

Recently Dan and I committed to only eating sweets once a week. Now for some of you, this doesn't seem like anything to write home about, but for us, it's kind of a big deal. So since our treats have become a rare occasion, I get a bit ridiculous and plan days ahead what I am going to make. Today I made cupcakes with chocolate chip cookie dough inside, um....yum. A definite success. I'll even provide some pics. Notice my fancy frosting...haha kind of, I used a zip lock bag. You can take the girl out of the creek.....
Classic Yellow Cupcakes with Chocolate Frosting
These look a little funky b/c I cut the hole too big in the zip lock bag, haha, but they are chocolate cupcakes with peanut butter frosting...yummy!


 Other than obsessively planning our dessert menu, nothing too exciting has been going on with us. We did go to another Heat game on Friday night which is always a blast. Saturday we made our first journey to the beach and it was BEAUTIFUL! White sand with blue water equals paradise, seriously, plant me on the beach with a chair, ice water, and a good book....you wouldn't have to come back for me for days.  And the fact that we got to go and lay in the sun in February, even better. I could get used to that for sure.

We did have an interesting experience at church today. Our wards were recently changed up here in Miami, and Dan and I have found ourselves in a spanish speaking one. It makes for an interesting challenge, but everything happens for a reason so we will make it work! For now we sit in the back with headphones on for translation, haha it's pretty funny. I wanted to take our picture today, but that may have been inappropriate.

1 comment:

  1. My mouth is literally watering right now!!! I think I'm going to need your recipe for those cupcakes with the chocolate chip cookie dough inside, frosting included! I SO wish you could come to MN too. We would have a blast. But for now, just now that I miss you, love you, and think about you often. Muah!

    ReplyDelete