To succeed in life, you need three things: a wishbone, a backbone and a funnybone.

Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Christmas and New Years 2011 (I'm catching up...)

Ok so I know that I am a bit late on this, but we had such a great break It all started with us having to pack up our apartment in Provo, fill up a uhaul trailor, and pull it in my Saturn Vue across the country from Utah to South Carolina. It took us four days driving because of some bad weather...talk about a lot of togetherness. I am quite proud to announce that we are, in fact, still married. The highlight of our journey across the good ole U S of A in my opinion was our lunch break in Atlanta at one of the country's most famous hot dog stands, The Varsity. We saw it on the food channel and were so stoked to go. Here's a nice pic of our nutritional meal from The Varsity.

This year we spent Christmas in South Carolina with my family. We had such a great time and it was so fun to spend our first Christmas together as a married couple. Some highlights of our break included:
Testing out my dad's new gun at the shooting range...






Going to the James Island County Park Festival of Lights with good friends and making yummy smores...





Hitting up the Charleston Aquarium with Dad and Caroline...





Ringing in the New Year with great friends at Kristin and Justin's...






Spending time with family at our New Year's Day tradition...





So I know there are no actual pictures of Christmas....what can I say? I failed. I didn't get my camera until Christmas morning and I was too lazy to dig it out of the box until later. So I have no record of Dan and I's first Christmas together...oops. But pictures or no pictures it was an amazing holiday. We really enjoyed our time with family and friends in SC, while missing our family in AZ. We sure wish we weren't from two totally opposite sides of the country! This year has already been and will be a very exciting year full of adventure and fun and we are so grateful for all of the amazing opportunities we have been given!

1 comment:

  1. I loooooove the Varsity!

    I love this blog. Now I get to see your pictures! hahahaha.

    ReplyDelete