To succeed in life, you need three things: a wishbone, a backbone and a funnybone.

Sunday, February 13, 2011

The simple things...

I just wanted to drop a quick note to express the gratitude I am feeling tonight. Dan and I had such a simple weekend, but it was full of things I love. We drove out of the downtown area of Miami to a smaller suburb. We roamed around some outdoor shopping, but the highlight of our trip to the suburbs had to be our grocery shopping experience. Instead of weaving through a parking garage, then trying to squeeze your buggy through the two feet aisles that are in downtown grocery stores, we got to park outside, walk outside to the front door, enjoy the wide aisles and significantly lower number of people...this may sound strange to some, but anyone who has lived in a downtown area of a large city is definitely understanding where I'm coming from. It was fabulous. Like I said, its the simple things. Then we went to a Japanese restaurant, one of my faves, and enjoyed our meal  being cooked in front of us. I have no idea why, but few things entertain me more. Then we had a wonderful Sunday. After church I baked cookies, made Dan's favorite dinner of roast with twice baked potatoes, worked on a little top secret sewing project, and just spent time with my husband. I am just feeling so grateful for the simple things in life that make us happy. I must say I feel so content.

I promise I won't do these boring run downs of everything I do often, I just felt the need to express my gratitude for the simple things in life, tender mercies.

1 comment:

  1. I think you should often give us a "boring run down" of your weekend. I love it.

    1. I too understand your grocery store woes. In DC I used to DREAD having to get on the metro to go to the grocery store. I often carried a case of water multiple blocks (along with the rest of my groceries). Why didn't I just buy a Brita?

    2. You know I love a great Japanese Steakhouse.

    3. "If the sight of the blue skies fills you with joy, if a blade of grass springing up in the fields has power to move you, if the simple things of nature have a message that you understand, rejoice, for your soul is alive."-- Eleonora Duse

    4. Love you!

    ReplyDelete