To succeed in life, you need three things: a wishbone, a backbone and a funnybone.

Thursday, June 30, 2011

Love Story...Inspiration

Since Dan and I were married in the Temple, I felt it was extremely important to have a ring ceremony as well in front of our closest family and friends who have been such an important part of my life and whom we love dearly. Dan had never heard of such a thing and wasn't quite sure what to think of it, however, the bride get what she wants to we started planning the ceremony. Then I thoroughly freaked Dan out (and maybe even myself a little) my suggesting we write vows to one another. I have always had an aversion to "regular" vows but was also pretty intimidated at the prospect of writing my own. Well fastforward to our wedding day, and Dan and I agree that the ring ceremony was one of our favorite moments of the day. It was so beautiful (although extremely humid, but we have blocked that memory out) and there was something about standing there in front of those we loved and expressing our feelings for each other that was just truly special. It was really great for those in attendance because Dan and I had a rather quick engagement and most of them didn't really know Dan that well. During the ring ceremony they all got a glimpse of the man I love and how much I loved him as well. Ok enough mush.

Our vows turned out way more special than I could have imagined and since that day I have been trying to think of a way to display them in our home (now since we move ALL the time at the moment this project will be a future project but I wanted to document it b/c my memory is...well, crap. Today while blog stalking (don't judge) I came across THIS fabulous idea from The Precious Little Things in Life. She framed some of their best memories whether they be letters or pictures and displayed the collage of frames above their bed. What a fabulous idea. I can frame our vows, some pics, our wedding invitation, letters to eachother, oh my. I just had to share the inspiration I got today and it brought back such a wonderful memory.

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment