To succeed in life, you need three things: a wishbone, a backbone and a funnybone.

Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Reflecting...

Wow, It's been a while. It's been a crazy past couple of weeks, full of long work weeks, a graduation complete with party in SC, and one of my besties having a baby!

Despite being super busy and running around like a crazy person lately, I have found myself stopping and being amazed at where I am at this point in my life. This time of year has proved to be scary and exciting for the past few years. These months always seem to find me at times where I am about to embark on something completely new. I can also say that I have realized that my life gets significantly better every year.

In May of 2009, I graduated from college and found myself at a complete loss. I had no idea what I wanted to do next, and had to make some tough decisions as to the path my life was taking. In June of 2009 I took control. I turned down a great job offer and suddenly announced I was moving back to Utah and going to school for Aesthetics. This took everyone in my life by surprise, including me, but I knew that this was a good move for me. In a matter of a month I signed up for school, found an apartment, and planned my move.

May 2009

 
In May of 2010, I found myself engaged to the love of my life. He was and remains such a blessing in my life. I began frantically planning a wedding for August. I became very aware of the fact that our Heavenly Father has an amazing plan for all of us full of the greatest blessings and joy that we can imagine. He is always ready to pour those blessings down on us as long as we are ready to receive them. Last year at that time I had looked at myself as taking control of my life, but this year I realized I had let the Lord take control.

May 2010
So here I am, at the beginning of June. Once again, it is full of excitement and uncertainty. Dan and I have been married for 10 months this month. In the past year we have gotten married, moved to Utah, found jobs, decided to take an internship in Miami, drove across country, spent our first Christmas together as a married couple, and moved to Miami for six months. By the time we are married for one year, we will have had three different apartments and been in four different wards. This internship is ending in one month and we are waiting to see where life will take us next. Sometimes it is very overwhelming to know that we are moving in a month and have no idea to where, but then I remember that I have handed my life over to someone who seems to manage it way better than I ever did. So I am going to trust in Him.

May 2011
 On a side note, as I was thinking about this time of year for the past three years I realized I have been on a cruise this time of year for the past three years as well...haha. I think I'm going to need to keep that tradition alive...

Graduation Cruise to Key West with Kelly, Kristin, and Schayla - May 2009

British Isles Cruise with Dan's Family - June 2010 (This picture is one of my faves after a long wet bike ride in Ireland)

Stonehenge

Cruise to the Bahamas with Dan and Kelsey - May 2011

No comments:

Post a Comment