To succeed in life, you need three things: a wishbone, a backbone and a funnybone.

Thursday, June 16, 2011

Scripture Cover and Christmas Comes Early!

So I FINALLY made the scripture cover/tote I have been dying to make for quite awhile now and it turned out great. Not perfect, its a little wanky ( it has recently been brought to my attention that wanky is not a well known word, more like a Barb original, it simply means imperfect but it's just a way better word)  in places, but it is cute and does the trick! I used the THIS great tutorial and it wasn't hard at all, only took a couple hours. Here are some pics of mine (warning: please do not compare mine to the tutorial pics, my pictures are TOTALLY amateurish, blogs are giving me a complex, and my handiwork is still being honed in)




In other news...CHRISTMAS came early for me yesterday! Ok so Santa wasn't anywhere to be seen and there were no stockings or snow or anything red and green and it was 95 degrees outside, but it sure felt like Christmas to me. I love nothing more than a great deal and oh man did I find one. So I am known for loving all things pretty (so my mom tells me) and that includes regular old kitchen gadgets. I have been seeing these fabulous ceramic measuring cups such as THESE from Anthropologie and I am IN LOVE them. However, the quickest and surest way to send my husband into cardiac arrest would be to purchase these for the cool $32 price tag. So I just put my dream aside....until an impromptu trip to Ross (inspired I'm sure) where I found these bad boys for $3.49!!!!!!!!!!


Ok I admit, it is the little things in life that make me happy, and you probably think I'm nuts for being this excited over some silly white measuring cups, but I couldn't be more over joyed. I love that they are white as well b/c white is so classic and they match my white dishes (which have yellow and grey accents and don't think I haven't considered adding some yellow and grey to these one day, because I so have). Anyway just thought I would share my joy with you all. Merry Christmas for a second yesterday!

No comments:

Post a Comment