To succeed in life, you need three things: a wishbone, a backbone and a funnybone.

Monday, July 4, 2011

When I Grow Up, I STILL Kind of Want to be an Astronaut

When most girls were little they dreamed of being a vet, or a rock star, or a horse trainer.....me not so much. I wanted to be an astronaut. I even went to Space Camp....twice. I was always fascinated with Space and the idea that humans had actually been on the moon...I seriously could not think of anything cooler than that. Anyone remember the glow in the dark stars that you put on your ceiling? Well I not only had a ton of those, I also had all of the planets....placed with thought as to the actual placement out there in the universe. I was SO not a dork or anything though.

This past weekend we had planned to meet with my parents somewhere halfway between Miami and Charleston to switch cars for our upcoming (this Saturday...ugh) move. Well somehow the Kennedy Space Center popped in my head and I became determined to go. All of the sudden halfway, turned into Orlando and we were going to rendezvous at the Kennedy Space Center.  Not only do I adore weekend getaways, especially with my fabulous mom, dad, and little sis....I was SO stoked to go to where space shuttles are actually launched into space. Dan was baffled by my utter fascination by the way. I guess he learns something new about me everyday. Well my visit to NASA was everything I cracked it up to be. I was in Space Geek heaven. Everyone else thought it was fine and occasionally interesting but I was enthralled. I really appreciate my loving family indulging me in my childhood dream.





Touching a moon rock! Waiting to see if he has any super powers...



Caroline decided it was just as good to pose with the sign


We waited in line to take this picture, most people sat in the seats but this pose came so natural


Just chillin in a mercury capsule..

realizing I'm not as young as I used to be when trying to get out

Caroline in a Gemini Capsule

The whole fam bam!

No comments:

Post a Comment