To succeed in life, you need three things: a wishbone, a backbone and a funnybone.

Tuesday, June 26, 2012

We bought something on 5th Ave!

We live for the weekends here in NYC and this past weekend did not disappoint. 

On Friday night I made Dan take me to Johnny Rockets...because I'm classy like that. I'm a cheap date, I really am, nothing pleases me more than a greasy cheeseburger and fries. Once I saw that Johnny Rockets just a few blocks down from us, I started craving it 24/7.

I thoroughly enjoyed myself and my meal. Dan says its just a glorified Burger King and of all the places in NYC he was shocked I picked Johnny Rockets, but that just shows his taste level is not up to par with mine.  

Saturday we explored the streets of NYC, a very famous street, or avenue to be exact. We roamed 5th Ave and I am very proud to say we bought something! Ok so maybe it was at Banana Republic and maybe it was because they were having an additional 25 percent off sale items, but nevertheless, Dan got a brand new outfit from 5th Ave. He's fancy. 

Then we went to Rockefeller Center. We had a blast checking out all the tv show apparel at the NBC experience store. Dan was LOVING the Seinfeld section and we were both thoroughly entertained by the Parks and Rec stuff. We considered eating at the Summer Cafe there, but then saw the prices and promptly walked away. Its so cool though, it is located where the ice skating rink is in the Winter. 

The restaurant is under all those umbrellas...so cute!



Then we were off to rent bikes and ride in Central Park. Unfortunately there was a heat wave currently invading New York, so it was a bit hot, but we had a blast riding around once we got used to it. We stopped and just sat in the park for an hour relaxing and enjoying the people watching spectacle that a hot summer day in Central Park has to offer. 



After our bike riding in the heat we were exhausted to we went home and ordered Italian delivery (love NYC take out), and called it a night. Back to another work week, yuck. 

1 comment:

  1. I never thought I would say this, BUT
    CAN WE RENT BIKES AND RIDE THROUGH CENTRAL PARK?
    That sounds amazing. :)

    ReplyDelete