To succeed in life, you need three things: a wishbone, a backbone and a funnybone.

Friday, June 8, 2012

We're New Yorkers!



Well, we have finally made it here to NYC! Dan is in the midst of his internship and I am back to work from our apartment. 

May was a long month. It brought some trials, but some incredible blessings as well. 

Dan finished his finals towards the end of April and we headed off to Arizona to spend some time with his family. We wound up staying about 6 weeks and had a great time. Dan golfed till he dropped, I was spoiled with TONS of pampering, and we spent quality time with our family. 

Dan's youngest brother Jake was with us for two weeks before he took off for his mission to Budapest, Hungary. While he was there we helped him (it was SUCH a sacrifice) check off all his favorite restaurants from his MUST eat at before mish list, caught some Diamondbacks baseball, and celebrated his birthday with some Z Tajas and chocolate chip cookie dough cupcakes! He has been out now about three weeks and is doing great!

Kendall and I were treated to a couple of broadway shows, American Idiot and La Cage Aus Folles. It definitely got me excited to head to NYC and catch all the shows I can muster! Dan, Nick, Kendall and I also got to go the Cirque de Symphonie in Phoenix. It was a combination of the Phoenix Symphony and Cirque de Soleil type performers. It was AMAZING, such a great night. 

I am grateful for the time we spent in AZ with the Gould's. We were blessed to really build our relationships and rely on one another.

So then Dan and I took off for New York City! We haven't been able to do a lot of exploring yet but this weekend we are taking off running!

We are living in the Upper East Side and our apartment is...in a word...tiny. It is an adjustment getting used to such a small space. We love our neighborhood though, there are tons of little shops and restaurants. 

Our living space, that's the corner of the kitchen on the left and the table that I work from on the right...I am literally standing in our bedroom doorway taking this pic
Our Kitchen...take out is going to be a major part of our lives

Our bedroom, excuse the cruddy picture, my cell camera wasn't having it
 Dan did take me downtown to see where he works. It's a very impressive building. He is really enjoying his internship. He is happy with the desk he was put on and is learning a TON. It's a TON of hours as well, but such a great experience for him. 

Goldman Sachs Building...where Dan will be spending most of his time this summer

The new World Trade Center building. It's right across from Dan's building. 
My mom is heading into town tonight and I'm so excited because I haven't seen her since before Christmas! I can't wait to start our explorations of the city!

1 comment:

  1. Love your new digs, I bet the neighborhood is going to be awesome for the summer. Have lots of fun with your mom this weekend. Then, I'm gonna need her back in Charleston, k? <3

    ReplyDelete