To succeed in life, you need three things: a wishbone, a backbone and a funnybone.

Sunday, September 23, 2012

The Weekend Dan Became Old

This weekend was Dan's birthday and boy is he old. He turned the big 2-6. I really do love these two-ish months that I get to be married to a much older man. 

When I asked Dan what he wanted to do for his birthday he promptly responded, watch football, and watch football he did. 

Friday Dan went golfing with friends and that night, I took him out to dinner at Pizzeria 712, a delish local pizza place. Then it was on to the Chocolate where we went wild and got a piece of cake to go with our usual cazookie. Every good nights ends with a cazookie in my mind. 

Saturday morning Dan got to golf again. My parents got him a round of golf for his Bday, so he went with Jason and Dan Itri. They had a blast. After the golf was completed for the weekend, football watching commenced. Saturday was full of games. We went over to Dan and Kelsey's that night for the BYU game, homemade pizza, and a surprise golf course cupcake cake for Dan. Kelsey helped me make the cake and we had a lot of fun doing it.


This picture accurately describes our lives during football season...



Sunday, Dan's actual Bday, we went to church and watched football. We had friends over for dinner and more cupcakes. 

It was a weekend full of Golf, Football, and cupcakes. In Dan's world...perfection. 

I sure am grateful for my Dan and love celebrating another year of his life. He has accomplished an awful lot the past year, and has also faced trials with incredible faith. I am excited to spend year 26 with him!

No comments:

Post a Comment