To succeed in life, you need three things: a wishbone, a backbone and a funnybone.

Sunday, March 25, 2012

Hunger Games in 24 hours

Somebody in our household has been resisting the Hunger Games craze. It certainly isn't me as I am usually a sucker for anything pop culture. Hunger Games is no different. I love it...and can't wait to see the movie. 

My Hunger Games movie date plans fell through, so Dan was up to bat. However, for some odd reason I REALLY wanted him to read the book before he saw the movie with me. I don't know why I felt so strongly on the issue, but I did.

So he started reading it at 7:00 last night.


And by 11:00 this morning...he was finished....all in the name of getting me to the movie as soon as possible...mostly. The man couldn't put it down. Needless to say I'm thrilled to now have a movie date that will also get chills when the countdown to the games starts in the movie.

Though he would NEVER admit that. 

I'm so grateful to have a husband who will drop everything and put off home work to read a book that I so senselessly needed him to read. I know I don't always make a whole lot of sense, but he just goes with it. Just to make me happy. 

I'm a lucky girl.

No comments:

Post a Comment