To succeed in life, you need three things: a wishbone, a backbone and a funnybone.

Thursday, January 19, 2012

So Daniel...Tell me about yourself...

Lately, I have added a skill to my repertoire...interviewing. 
Seriously, I can conduct a mean interview. 

Dan is in the midst of interview season for summer internships and I have been assigned as his official interview trainer. We came up with a huge list of questions from both personal experience and research, and my job is to grill him every chance we get. 

I even practiced with him on our vacation to Hawaii this summer in preparation for the Treasury interviews...HAWAII...am I an awesome wife or what?

Dan has had some great feedback from his resume lately which has led to some great interviews. As I type, he is in New York about to sit for final round interviews for a major bank. 

It must be nice to be flown to New York City and put up in a nice hotel in Times Square...just saying. 

Anyway, I digress. 

Although Dan is in New York, there is no rest for the official interviewer. We just finished a long, fast pitch practice interview session over the phone. It's crunch time...and he did great. 

He's going to rock his interview...and that's coming from the professional interviewer, not the wife.

In other news, this past weekend we took off to a cabin in Sundance with our friend's Dan, Kelsey, and Jason. It was such a great weekend of relaxation. The boys could be found watching the NFL playoffs, and Kelsey and I could be found reading and cooking some yummy meals! We all made sure to rendezvous in the hot tub daily as well. Thanks Jason for hooking us up!

The family of friends that eats together stays together...if this rings true we will be friends for a REALLY long time...Cooking dinner at the cabin

Our "gourmet" meal we were quite proud of

Our charming little cabin in the woods...

Our view of the Sundance Slopes


1 comment:

  1. I love this post! We have just barely started the interview process and already I have learned the ways of the interviewer. But, if I ever need any pointers I will run across the street and come get them from you sensei!

    ReplyDelete