To succeed in life, you need three things: a wishbone, a backbone and a funnybone.

Monday, January 9, 2012

Last days in DC, Road Trippin, Christmas, 2012...OH MY!

Well to say that they last month or so has been busy would be an understatement. However, it has been filled with loads of good times with our family and friends and what more can you ask for?

So I'll start the catch up with a few pics of Dan and I's last days in DC...

World War Two Memorial

Lincoln Memorial


Natural History Museum


The White House

Dan in front of where he works everyday, The United States Treasury

This facility was right across the street from where we lived...it had to be documented


On my last night in DC we went to the Festival of Lights at the Temple in DC. As you can see it was absolutely beautiful and was a wonderful way to get in the Chrs



I can't believe our time in DC has come and gone so quickly. We loved being in our Nation's Capital, and Dan LOVED LOVED his internship at the Treasury. He misses it and is not too thrilled to be back in classes at BYU. 

After I left DC I spent some time in SC with my family. We did a little pre-Christmas Christmas dinner and exchanged presents. I love being home with my family and am really going to miss them being just a 8 hour drive away. 

I also got to spend some time with my besties which is always much needed and so much fun. We hit up Los Arcos and had a fun cookie exchange at Kristin's house. I love those girls!



Then it was time to pack up our U-Haul trailor and head west! Dan had to keep working until the day before Christmas so my partners in crime for this move were my Dad and Caroline. I am SO SO grateful for their help, support, and companionship on the LONG trip from SC to AZ. We had fun checking out all the states we drove through, chatted, listened to books on tape, and hit up the Grand Canyon!

















We finally made it to Dan's Parent's house in Chandler AZ. We had a great night with them eating some AZ BBQ, checking out the Christmas lights at the Mesa Temple, and eating some famous cazookies!

I spend the next couple of days with Dan's Fam getting ready for Christmas and waiting for Dan to get in town. He got in the day before Christmas Eve and then it really felt like Christmas. We went and saw A Christmas Carol and it was so much fun. On Christmas Eve we spend the day wrapping, baking for our bake off that evening, and went to see Sherlock Holmes. 

That night Dan's family incorporated traditions from Kendall and I's family. Kendall's family eats Spaghetti on Christmas Eve and mine has a bake-off! We did both and had so much fun!




 Not to brag or anything but I totally won the bake-off with my chocolate chip cookie dough cupcakes. Or as Rob so affectionately dubbed them "Dog Poop Cupcakes". He is right...my icing job left much to be desired.

After our bake-off we kept up the Gould family tradition of watching Luke 2 and Christmas Vacation. It was a nice way to wrap up our evening.

On Christmas morning we had church so we decided to wait until after Church to open presents. I actually loved this because it was a literal interpretation of our priorities on Christmas. It was wonderful to celebrate our Savior first, and then get to the presents.
















Christmas 2011 was a great one. It was my first Christmas away from home, but I am so lucky to have received additional family that I love and enjoy spending time with.

Dan had to go back to DC the day after Christmas and I had to work from their house in AZ. We spend out afternoons shopping and getting pampered so it was a great week. Dan got back on New Years Eve and we spent it with his family eating junk food and playing card games. We rang in 2012 and went STRAIGHT to bed....haha!

The next day Dan and I took off to drive our stuff from AZ to UT and here we are! It is so fun to be back in familiar Provo. Dan is stunned that he still has school left, but hopefully the shock will wear off. We are enjoying spending our time with friends and enjoying the beauty of the Mountains.

2011 was such a busy, crazy year, but it came with more blessings than we can count. Here's to an even better 2012!

No comments:

Post a Comment