To succeed in life, you need three things: a wishbone, a backbone and a funnybone.

Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Goose Creekin It

A couple weekends ago I once again packed my suitcase and office in a box and took off to spend a week at home in SC with my family. 

Dan was so busy with work and school, plus I needed a break from working in the basement all day, so off I went. 

I once again worked from home and just enjoyed being around my family. 

My mom and I took on a couple of projects as well. We worked on top secret homemade Christmas presents (be afraid family...very afraid) and I was able to make presents for 4 people. I have decided to try and get Christmas presents done before Thanksgiving (so that then all I will have to stress over is the upcoming move and where we will live in Provo) and I must say I have become quite obsessive. Since I've been back in DC I have made 3 more presents and ordered two. I have detailed lists and bug Dan to death to help me come up with ideas. 

Anyway, I digress. 

My mom also decided that she wanted to turn her back room into a craft/sewing/office room. The first step was getting something that she could organize all her craft/sewing stuff so that it is in one place. She saw an idea on Pinterest (yes the bug has bitten my momma as well, it may have been a bigger one than bit me actually) for a chest of drawers that had fabric modge podged onto the front of the drawers. FAB. 

So we set out to our local thrift stores in search for a chest of drawers when we struck gold at our local Habitat for Humanity Store. There we found a double chest of drawers (10 drawers people) and desk. Turns out they were old dorm furniture from a local college. They were a little banged up, but my dad can handle his own with a hammer and we were planning to paint AND the price was right so we got them. 

I should have taken before pics and for that matter after pics as well, but I did get one on my phone of the finished desk. 


Fun right?

The chest of drawers turned out pretty slammin as well. 

My mom is going to paint the room a really light yellow, put up some fab curtains, as well as a Pinterest inspired rug she is making and I can't wait to see the finished product. 

It just so happened that the Race for the Cure was the same weekend I was home so I got to participate with my mom's salon's team. I walked in honor of my Mema and it was a great time for a great cause. They raised over a million dollars just that day! 

My mom, me, and little sis Caroline

Caroline and I with our cousin Courtney
I have been so grateful to be within driving distance of my family. I sure will miss that. 

And as always at the end of my trip I got to come home to my Dan. 

And we lived Happily Ever After.

No comments:

Post a Comment