To succeed in life, you need three things: a wishbone, a backbone and a funnybone.

Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Cruisin to the Bahamas and Sewin with Mom!

Whoa...it has been quite a while since I last blogged. We have been so busy with lots of company and even a vacation! So a week after my little sis and cousin left, our friends Dan and Kelsey came out for a visit! We stayed so busy and had a blast. We even went on a three day cruise to the Bahamas. It was so much fun but holy cow did we eat...not good Hawaii prep I might add. Looks like two a days at the gym might be in my near future. Anyway...haha I got a little off track. Here are some pics! Of course I forgot to swap photos with Kelsey and she took all the good ones...but these will do!

Our first night at the Welcome Aboard Show

Kelsey and Dan

Coco Cay....holy beautiful

All dressed up for formal night

Beautiful water and cruise boats all lined up at Nassau

What's a cruise without an awkward pic with the funny looking towel animals?
I can't believe the cruise is over....all good things must come to an end though. While Dan and Kelsey were here, the Phillies just happened to be in town and they are HUGE Phillies fans so of course we went to see them play the Marlins.



Then I dropped Dan and Kels off at the airport on Wednesday.....one hour later they called me and their flight was cancelled due to weather so they got to stay another night! We are grateful to have great friends willing to come visit us!

So they left on Thursday and my Momma flew in on Saturday morning. It was so great to have her in town, I just love my mom. We went to the beach, attempted to shop at Ikea (which always seems to go horribly wrong and was no exception this time), hit up one of my mom's favorite restaurants (Bahama Breeze), and sewed 8 baby quilts. Yeah that last part wasn't a typo. For the service project at Girl's Camp (which my mom is part of planning) they wanted to have the girls tie baby quilts. The only issue with this is getting the quilts for them to tie off. So we managed to make 8.  It was a good way to spend time with my mom b/c we like to sew together and how can you not love little baby quilts? Of course I didn't take any pics the whole weekend, I need to get out of my picture taking lapse, but I did manage to take one picture of our collage of quilts.



My personal favorite
I wish I knew how to put into words how grateful I am for my Momma. She is amazing and has no idea how inspiring she is to me. She always puts others before herself and truly loves to serve. She has given me so much and taught me everything I know. I hope that I can be half the mother she is one day. Thank you for everything Maja! I love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment