To succeed in life, you need three things: a wishbone, a backbone and a funnybone.

Friday, June 24, 2011

Courtney's Hollywood Themed Graduation Party!

This post is ridiculously late, the party was June 3rd, so sorry about that. I was so excited for my cousin Courtney to graduate from high school, and honestly it was all very surreal. I'm not ready for her to grow up, but what's done is done. Haha...how is that for dramatic?

So Courtney had her party with two friends and they wanted a Hollywood theme with Red, black, and white as their colors. Well as soon as I hear this I wanted to help so bad, so they were gracious and let me put my two cents in. Of course I forgot my camera, so I only have a few lame phone pics. I have GOT to be a better photographer.

One of my favorite parts of the party was the gourmet popcorn bar. We even had plastic popcorn boxes for everyone to use (super cheap at the Target one spot and Dollar Tree). We decided to make our own "gourmet" popcorn b/c it was crazy expensive to order. We ended up with chocolate, butterscotch, ranch, and buffalo flavors.


The poster is a super cute collage of the girls. At the top is says, "Class of 2011 Starring Amber, Ashley, and Courtney!" So cute!

You can't have a Hollywood Movie theme without candy, let's be real, and candy buffets are a thing of genius in my humble opinion. I mean who doesn't LOVE lots of different candies all displayed in cute glass containers??? Well I certainly do.


I wish I had a close up of the little sign on the left. FOR THE LIFE OF ME I cannot remember what it says, but man I sure thought it was perfect at the time. It says something to the effect of take a treat, its ours way of saying Thank you...but it rhymed and sounded way better.

Since it was a combined party we made each girl their own little table. It had their card box, a picture for guests to sign, and two scrapbook pages for everyone to sign. We made a congratulations banner out of scrapbook paper and glitter ribbon to hang above the tables. This picture does not do it justice but gives you a good idea.



The room was a HUGE white room so these pictures make it seem like it was lacking color. No worries, we (and by we I mean my little sis Caroline and her friend) made TONS of red, black, and white tissue paper pom poms and we hung those from the ceiling to add color. You can find out how to make those HERE.

I wish I had a picture of the full effect, it turned out really cute and was so fun! But the BEST part I had absolutely nothing to do with and that was the cake! One of the girls mom made it and she is amazing. She also made my Bridal Shower Cake and The Groom's Cake for our wedding and trust me, her cakes taste as good as they look.


See the film strip running around the cake? There's tiny pictures of the girls in every single little square...told you she was good.

I still can't believe little Courtney has graduated high school and is heading to College in the fall. She has grown into such an incredible young lady, I am SO proud of her and love her bunches!


Me, Courtney, and Caroline Christmas 2005
Caroline, Courtney, and I on her Graduation Day - 2011

No comments:

Post a Comment