To succeed in life, you need three things: a wishbone, a backbone and a funnybone.

Sunday, February 5, 2012

We're Heading to the Concrete Jungle!

It's official! We are heading to New York City this summer!

Dan just accepted an offer for a summer internship at Goldman Sachs in the Sales and Trading Division. We are honestly so thrilled. When Dan told me he got the call I cried...and I was at work...haha they thought I was a bit nutso. Dan has worked so hard and spent so much time preparing for this and I am so happy that he was able to accomplish his goal. He is chasing his dreams relentlessly and I'm so proud of him. We are so blessed and so full of gratitude. 

So we are taking of for NYC in June. I'm a bit nervous but it is going to be such a blast!

In other news, there's not much other news...haha! We have been pretty occupied with interviews and nerves, but have been having so much fun hanging out with friends on the weekends. Have I mentioned how much fun it is to have friends near us again? After Dan got his offer, we went out to dinner and celebrated. It was fun to have our friends and family around to celebrate with us. That is definitely a plus to being here in Provo. 

Also, I am training for a new position at work. I am going to be actually helping customers fix issues within their software. The training has been a little overwhelming and has succeeded in making me feel like a bit of a dummy, but I'm working on it, haha. I just have to get all my training in before we take off for NYC. 

Now begins my obsession with finding a place to live in New York...wish me luck. 

2 comments:

  1. YAY!!! Way to go Dan! Congrats to you both, because even though Dan's the one who got the job, its seems like you were SUCH a huge help and support. What a fun experience. I'm so excited for you guys. Can someone say "New York trip"? Yes please!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can I just say again, that I am so so so excited for you guys! I can't wait to come play Carrie Bradshaw with you! We can drop the boys somewhere to watch sports. haha.

    ReplyDelete